NPL Youth Tournament 2020
We are delighted to announce that the NPL Youth FC Summer Tournament will take place on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st May 2020 at NPL Sports Club, Teddington, Middlesex.
Building on last years outstanding success, the football element of the tournament will once again be delivered by C S Coaching & Event Management who have been the people behind 11 NPL Youth tournaments.
The 2020 edition of the NPL Youth FC Summer Tournament will build on the success of the 2019 tournament and once again include:
- Streaming of groups for under 7’s through to under 13’s (meaning your team should play all their games against teams of similar ability)
- 12 minute games for under 9’s and above (under 7 and 8 will be 8 minutes but will play more matches)
- Plate competitions for under 9’s to under 15’s (meaning every team will have at least one knockout game after the group stages)
- Removal of penalty shoot outs in knockout games and replaced with an innovative golden goal approach that received fantastic feedback in 2019
New for 2020
For 2020, we are excited to introduce the following:
- Online live fixture, results and league tables using the new C S Coaching Tournament Management System (TMS)
Saturday 30th May 2020 Morning (8.30am to 1.30pm) U11, U12
Saturday 30th May 2020 Afternoon (1.30pm to 6.00pm) U7, U9
Sunday 31st May 2020 Morning (8.30am to 1.30pm) U10, U13
Sunday 31st May 2020 Afternoon (1.30pm to 6.00pm) U8, U14, U15 Boys
(all age groups are mixed sex unless stated)
Under 7 and Under 8 age groups will be a round robin and 5-a-side with a maximum of 10 players in a squad. All players will receive a medal.
Under 9 to Under 11 will be 6-a-side with a maximum of 12 players in a squad.
Under 12 and above will be 5-a-side with a maximum of 10 players in squad.
All age groups are based on the 2019/20 season.
Under 7s – Under 8s will be 8 minutes one way
Under 9s and above will be 12 minutes one way
BBQ, Ice creams, Soft drinks, Tea & coffee etc
Official photographers and various other entertainments will be available.
£45 per team with a maximum of 2 teams per entry per age group (entry based on a first come first served basis). Teams cancelling after 1st May 2020 will NOT receive a refund.
There is secure parking at the venue and it is a 10 minute walk to the pitches. There will be marshals on hand to direct you. We do encourage car sharing.
How to Enter
The tournament is now open for entries. Please click on the button below to complete the team entry form.
**Coronavirus and the NPL Youth Tournament 2020**
The Coronavirus is now impacting the UK and we now need to consider precautions for the 2020 tournament. We are taking every step possible to ensure the tournament takes place and at present we are continuing with our planning as usual. Once we have more information we will communicate with teams