Walton Casuals Juniors Tournament 2020
Following on from last years outstanding success, we are delighted to announce that the second Walton Casuals Juniors Football Club Tournament will take place on Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th and Sunday 21st June 2020 at Elmbridge Xcel Sports Hub, Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 2JP.
The Elmbridge Xcel Sports Hub is the home of Walton Casuals Juniors. Opened in September 2017 the facility has two full size 3G pitches, grass pitches, eight lane floodlit athletics track and changing facilities. The Walton Casuals Juniors Tournament 2020 will be a fantastic opportunity for teams to experience this superb community facility.
We would now like to take this opportunity to invite your team to the 2020 tournament and experience the Elmbridge Xcel Sports Hub.
The 2020 edition of the Walton Casuals Juniors Tournament will build on the success of the 2019 tournament and once again include:
- Streaming of groups for under 6’s through to under 12’s (meaning your team should play all their games against teams of similar ability)
- 12 minute games for under 9’s and above (under 6 to under 8’s will be 8 minute games but teams will play more matches)
- Plate competitions for under 9’s to under 15’s (meaning every team will have at least one knockout game after the group stages)
- Removal of penalty shoot outs in knockout games and replaced with an innovative golden goal approach that received fantastic feedback in 2019
New for 2020
For 2020, we are excited to introduce the following:
- Every team will play on the 3G synthetic pitches
- Online live fixture, results and league tables using the new C S Coaching Tournament Management System (TMS)
Saturday 6th June 2020 Morning (8.30am to 1.30pm) U12, U15
Saturday 6th June 2020 Afternoon (1.30pm to 6.00pm) U10, U13
Sunday 7th June 2020 Morning (8.30am to 1.30pm) U9, U14
Sunday 7th June 2020 Afternoon (1.30pm to 6.00pm) U8, U11
Sunday 21st June 2020 Morning (8.30am to 1.30pm) U6,U7
(all age groups are mixed sex unless stated)
Under 6 to Under 8 age groups will be a round robin and 5-a-side with a maximum of 10 players in a squad. All players will receive a medal.
Under 9 to Under 11 will be 6-a-side with a maximum of 12 players in a squad.
Under 12 to Under 15 will be 5-a-side with a maximum of 10 players in squad.
All age groups are based on the 2019/20 season.
Under 6s – Under 8s will be 8 minutes one way
Under 9s and above will be 12 minutes one way
BBQ, Ice creams, Soft drinks, Tea & coffee etc
Official photographers and various other entertainments will be available.
£45 per team with a maximum of two teams per entry per age group (entry based on a first come first served basis). Teams cancelling after 1st May 2020 will NOT receive a refund.
There is parking at the venue. There will be marshals on hand to direct you. We do encourage car sharing. Entry into the facility requires purchase of the official tournament programme.
How to Enter
The tournament is now open for entries. Please click on the button below to complete the team entry form.
**Coronavirus and the Walton Casuals Juniors Tournament 2020**
The Coronavirus is now impacting the UK and we now need to consider precautions for the 2020 tournament. We are taking every step possible to ensure the tournament takes place and at present we are continuing with our planning as usual. Once we have more information we will communicate with teams